A couple of weeks ago, I was chatting with one of my favorite people in Vegas, Mr. Andrew Smith, AKA Smitty, a long time family friend who I'm sure I made mud pies with way back in the days when we were practically neighbors in Arizona, and he asked if I was still planning a visit soon. I pondered this for about a second and asked if he was up for entertaining me haha! "Course!" he answered, and "hey, I'll do you one better! 311 Day is next Thursday and we are getting tickets if you're interested!" I don't even think I paused to think it over! Prettty much immediately I signed up for what was sure to be an AMAZING concert experience, not to mention a break from what has become a crazy busy life full of work and school. Within about a day we had bought our concert tickets and I had my flight booked! That's right, fly out Thursday afternoon after work and stay for fun until Sunday! (has anyone counted my exclamation points yet?? ;) Just reliving my trip makes me all happy and smiley!
Needless to say the 311 Day concert was SICK!! Sick as in wicked cool and pretty much awesome! For those who don't know who 311 is...they play a variety of music, mostly with a reggae backbeat and a few harder songs, but all in all great performers! The band played close to 60 songs over a 5 hour period. IT. WAS. AWESOME. Well worth the money and spent with good people.
The smiley guy in the center is Andrew, the fella in the DC shirt is his roommate Craig, and the other guys are buddies from out of town, and of course there is the coolest out of town friend...ME!! hopping in the background;)
our seats were so close!
The 311 concert was only the start of the fun times to be had! I got to meet up with my good friend Alicia and meet her new boyfriend over some coffee smoothies on Friday, which is always a fun time! Alicia is off to Reno in a few weeks for the remainder of her Americore time, so I may need to visit Reno as well. Friday night was spent enjoying a UNLV basketball game over chicken wings, beer and friends. I'm happy to say that we celebrated a win!
Saturday was one of my favorite days:) Woke up early to head out to pretty much my heaven...the baseball field. Andrew is kind of a big deal when it comes to playing ball and thus gets invited to join teams and they often win and thus play in tournaments. He had two games, both near his parents house. We went over early to say hey to the folks, eat some breakfast and catch up. His parents are great! I love chatting with both of them. His mom, Ruth, and I took his dogs, Libby and Baby, for a walk around the block after which I headed out to the field for game one! Such a beautiful day for baseball!!! Other than a bit of unnecessary wind and some angry ump drama haha, the first game was not too shabby. We met Ruth and Dennis back at the house for some delicious pastrami sandwiches and of course spring training baseball!!! We were off to game two around 2:00 and this game was crazy windy!!! However, Andrew played pretty darn awesome so it was worth the chilly wind:)
Saturday night was fight night!! I'm not a huge boxing fan, but turns out getting a bunch of folks together to watch boxing is super fun! Kind of a crappy fight, but the company, food, drinks and entertainment well made up for it! All in all a fabulous trip to Vegas! I'm sure I'll be back in another 3-4 months haha!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to leave some love!