Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baker City special!

Friday September 23, 2011 Adam, Chris and I hit the road for Baker City, OR. Let me be clear that I was still unsure at this point where exactly Baker City was. Adam and Chris's friend from college was getting married. I was kind of excited because Adam asked me to be his date AND this would be our first wedding attended together:)

The drive was looooong. Chris, being the gentleman that he is took the front seat lol. I rode in the back and slept most of the time seeing as riding in the backseat is the equivalent to riding in your own little car. I may have also been slightly annoyed at being put in the back...Adam put me in a better mood once we had arrived:)

We got in late, around 11:30 pm and were fortunate enough to be sleeping in Greg's, the bride's brother, family camper. Turns out they have an amazingly kind family:) I met them the next morning when we woke up in their driveway lol. Wedding stuff going on like crazy! They let us shower and hang out in the main house, so nice! We grabbed some breakfast in town with Greg's dad, he even paid the tab. See what I mean? So awesome! The afternoon was spent watching the Beavs lose, lame, and helping with small wedding details around the house.

The wedding was just lovely and fit the couple, whom even though I had just met today I could tell:) It was outdoors, in their uncle's giant yard. We sat on hay bales for the ceremony and partied under a tent nearby behind the house. It was a great time considering I went into the evening only knowing a handfull of people. We drank, danced and laughed. I had my first official slow dance with my favorite fella too:) :) All in all it was a great wedding! We headed back around noon on Sunday and guess who got to ride shot gun? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave some love!