I was thinking about why I love coffee dates so much today. Naturally, I figured instead of simply going over it in my head, why not put it in a blog:)
I think it's important to explain why girls love to go on coffee dates with their gal pals. I'm sure this seems ridiculous to most fellas, why on earth would you want to spend money for coffee when you can have free coffee at home?? This is true. It's not even like the coffee at most shops is AMAZING or the best cup of coffee EVVVER, but the fact of it is, that isn't even the most important part about a coffee date. Above all it is a time, usually an hour or so, to catch up and in some cases reconnect with a friend that perhaps you don't see as much as you would like to. There is something special about sitting on a cozy chair, one knee tucked up underneath, holding a warm cup of your favorite guilty pleasure coffee, and sharing good conversation with a great friend. Why not invite that friend over to the comfort of your own house and get that same feeling you may ask? For most ladies inviting people over means entertaining mode sets in. There is that feeling of obligation to answer the phone when it rings, tend to kiddos, pets, and the many other distractions that inevitably find their way into everyday households. Meeting at a coffee shop takes away all personal distractions and allows, even encourages, one on one attention. So much more personal than a text message, email, or even a phone call, getting together face to face will always be my most important way to communicate with the people I care most about. So never will I feel guilty walking by that full pot of coffee in the house to make plans for a coffee date because sometimes it is exactly what is necessary.

No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to leave some love!