So far 2014 has been pretty ding, dang, dong awesome with good changes on the wind :) Adam and I were able to find, apply and rent our first place together! We actually went and signed all five gazillion pages of the rental agreement aaaaaaad got our keys yesterday morning! Afterwards we headed straight to our new home to check in out:) Can you tell that both of us are just a teeny, tiny, bit excited?
Moving plans are in the mix for the weekend, which ironically is Adam's only weekend off in January, so we have both been going through our things and dividing everything into three piles: keep and move to our place, sell or donate, and move to storage unit we will be getting. It's a fairly daunting process, but also kind of fun! It's a strange thing to see your life divided into boxes though. Another interesting part of moving is seeing the items that have made the cut over the years. I still have dolls, stuffed animals and other items from my childhood that have managed to follow me through the years. I'm rather attached to them for sentimental reasons:) I have my room to pack up tonight and tomorrow and then I can start bringing bins over on Friday since I have the day off of work. Yay! We'll be moving the big things on Saturday when we have the truck. It's going to be a busy weekend for sure, but I plan on smiling big the whole time:)
This is a big step for us and for me since this is the first time I have successfully reached this part in a romantic relationship. I'm not sad one bit that I waited to take this important step until my 30's. It never felt right before Adam:) I know that it is going to be work at times, but really isn't this the case when ever you are living with anyone? We are not perfect people, but we do love one another an awful lot. I look forward to the new memories and adventures that Adam and I will have in the coming year and know that we will have no problem facing any challenges head on:)
Late last night after Adam got off of work, we met up at our place (I kind of love the way that sounds:) to do our walk through. Adam brought food cart pizza and I brought two shot glasses, a bottle of Lemoncello (sipping alcohol is slim pickings at my place presently;) a blanket and two pillows. When Adam arrived, we had a little blanket picnic complete with a Lemoncello cheers to keys and pizza in front of the fire that I "started,"(we have a gas fireplace;) It was a perfect way to start our time together in our new place.
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to leave some love!