Last night we bid a fond fare thee well to 2013 and welcomed with open arms a chance for a fresh start with 2014. In general, I loooooove bringing in a new year! Last night was no exception:) Originally, Adam and I had made plans to spend the evening doing something fun out and about with two of our friends, but they had to cancel last minute due to being sick. Never the less, Adam and I were determined to find something to do:)
I was off work a little before 3 p.m. and headed home to meet Adam so we could go check out a few possible rentals around town that we were interested in. We ended up taking a tour of some new places opening up on Hawthorne Street, but they were teeny, thus not for us. By the time we had finished the apartment tour, Adam and I were both famished so we stopped for an early-ish dinner at Hawthorne Hop house. Totally worth it, that place is delish. With plenty of time before we needed to be ready for evening festivities, we were able to head home, relax a bit, let the bunnies run amuck and search Craigslist for other potential living spaces that meet Adam's veeeeerrrry specific check list:) By 9:30 p.m., Adam had asked me at least twenty times where I wanted to spend the evening. In the end, we landed on ringing in the new year at Side Street Bar on Belmont since we love that place and knew they were doing a little something for NYE. Of course when we actually arrived and saw how crazy busy it was, I immediately suggested going across the street to our second fave place on Belmont, Hobnob. It turned out to be the perfect combo of busy, lively, fun atmosphere combined with yummy munchies and tasty drinks:) Adam and I spent the night talking, laughing, reminiscing and sharing what each of us wanted for the new year. It was perfect :) Would it have been nice to ring in the new year with friends? Of course, but cancelled plans will never rain on our parade. Cheers to another year in the books for Fetrina and a brand new, shiny year of awesomeness in store!
Since we didn't manage to get a pic of us celebrating last night, here's our Happy New Year pic from Leavenworth last year:)
.png)


No comments:
Post a Comment
feel free to leave some love!