Starting off with a BANG! For September 11, 2013, the best compliment that I have ever received is actually one that I only had bestowed upon me about a month ago. To be fair, I have a terrible memory so it is natural that the most recent stands out in my mind :) This compliment was given by a teacher that I did my middle school teaching practicum with. Willow has become a dear friend and a wonderful reference for me during my continued search for employment as an educator in Portland. This compliment was stated in an email that she sent to the district advocating they hire me. I was blown away by the email in it's entirety, but the last statement was the most important to me.
"I can think of no one else I would rather entrust my classroom to, and as a new parent, Rachael is the type of teacher that gives parents reassurance that their children are in the right place."
This compliment meant the world to me because I have had such a terribly long, ongoing journey in finding a teaching job in Portland, Oregon where I want to live. So often I get in my own head and beat myself up, tell myself that if I was a good teacher I would have a job by now. This one simple sentence helps me to validate not only WHY I continue to search and apply for jobs, but also that I am GOOD at what I do. Thank you Willow for believing and trusting in me as a teacher.

Awww, Rachael, I finally found your blog! So glad that I did. And I'm glad I wrote that letter about the truth about you, and I'm glad that you indirectly got to read it! Would love to catch up on where things are at for both of us this year. Let me know when we can.
ReplyDeleteW
Hi Willow! Glad you found my blog :) It's been hard to find until recently! I would love to catch up soon! I'll message you on fb and get your number.
ReplyDelete