Monday, October 21, 2013

Rainy day joys

"Rainy days are few and far between here in Portland Oregon. I, for one, wish that it would rain more," said no one ever who lives in Portland, OR :) I have never been one of those people that dislikes the rain. I love the way it smells right before and after, the sounds during a good rain storm, how green and luscious all the plant life is afterwards and don't forget those puddles! There is also a refreshed, new feeling after a good rain. I'm pretty sure that in order to live a happy, non-depressed life in Portland, OR you must have a love for the rain somewhere deep in your soul :) You can't acquire a love like this over time...you simply have it, or you don't.


Today's blog post prompt is to write about your favorite rainy day flick. I'm going to add on some additional rainy day fun-tivities that I enjoy as well. As far as rainy day movies go, I have a few go-to ones that I like to pop in while I'm all snuggled up in my cozy clothes, slippers, blanket and hoodie on the couch while it down pours out my door. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a rainy day favorite for sure. I enjoy the plot of the second book in the HP series as well as how funny the
actors are in their younger years:) Rainy days also make me want to watch Mulan, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs or Spaceballs. You can't help, but laugh during each of these movies and laughing while it is raining just feels...downright good :)


As far as other things I like to do to occupy my time on rainy days (bear in mind that it has to be pretty darn rainy to keep me in as an Oregonian) I enjoy knitting, reading, napping, and writing (obviously:) I'm not too into baking, cooking or most crafts though. Often I simply enjoy lying on my bed with the window cracked just listening to the sound of the rain come down. It's like having front row seats to mother nature's orchestra! And front row seats are rarely something to complain about. Short of the long...I see nothing wrong with a bit of snuggling (preferably with Mr. Sapina) and movie watching while listening to the rain come down :)

This whooooole post being said, you better believe I'm going to fully enjoy this sunny, cool, FABULOUS Oregon fall weather while it lasts!





No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave some love!