Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Well THAT was embarrassing

You have to love those random times in life when things don't go your way and you feel... embarrassed beyond belief by your actions or the outcomes! I've had my share of these special moments in my 30 years, some much, much worse than others. However, I don't think that it is necessarily a bad things to be embarrassed. Being embarrassed means that I opted to a risk or a chance in my life whether required to or by my own choice and over the years I have learned to embrace and laugh at my embarrassments because with each one I grow a little bit more.

Today's writing prompt asks me to list 10 of my most embarrassing moments :) This should be fun and not at all traumatic. Can I only choose 10??


10. That time I slipped on the stage left curtain mid leap during a dance recital. We were dancing to
      Madonna's Ray of Light. It.was.fast and with a spin on the floor out of the leap. I made that fall
      look goooooood.

  9. When I got so nervous during my choir midterm solo that I forgot an entire verse of Time After   
      Time and let my teacher take the fault in his piano playing my freshman year of high school.

  8. The summer after 4th grade when I went to summer camp and asked a cute boy to slow dance
      with me to Boyz 2 Men's Wait Til the Water Runs Dry and he said no...*insert sad face here.

  7. In 8th grade, when I was so bad at laser tag (the worst out of my entire group of friends
      actually) that I was offered a free game to practice.

  6. When I won sophomore homecoming princess (yay!), but was running late getting changed
      from class before the assembly so I missed the announcing of my name and one of my friends had
      to come find me in the bathroom. I walked into a packed gym with the entire school watching and
      waiting for me. Awkward!

  5. Every single speech I ever had to give in my college speech class! Public speaking was a learned
      skill for me.

  4. That time while I was tubing on Lake Billy Chinook. Jessie's grandpa was driving and he
      whipped us so hard on the tube that we flew off, skidded across the water, I lost my shorts and
      cried from pain. I never cry during water sports! We weren't even going fast, there was just too
      much slack and then to quote the great Chandler Bing..."WHAAAAPAAAA!"

  3. Pretty sure it was the same camping trip as #4 above, we hiked South Sister and I was so  
      dehydrated, hungry and tired that I cried from frustration during our hike. Always fun to cry in 
      front of people out of frustration.

  2. When I rear ended someone and called my friend Leah to pick me up and she brought the guy I
       had just started seeing. Awesome, now he thinks I suck at driving lol.

  1. Ok, this last one doesn't really embarrass me, but I'm pretty it might embarrass the people I go
      with :) When we go to funny movies and I laugh at ev-er-ry thing! No joke, I love to laugh and
      don't hold back in a movie theater. I also have a very unique and awesome laugh :D

There you have it! 10 of my most embarrassing moments:) I actually was quite entertained while remembering and writing all of those down. I hope I provided some of you with a laugh :) As I look at my list I realize just how many occurred before my late 20's. The reason I have less embarrassing moments now? I have grown to care less about what people think about me and what I choose to do and just enjoy living, errors and hilarity in all :) I look forward to being embarrassed my whole life as well as embarrassing my kids some day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave some love!