Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful for reboots

Oh my-lanta. This weekend was a go, go, GO and barely any stop. Talk about your sports filled weekend!!! Friday was about the only day I had time to breath and rest. Saturday morning was filled with little people visiting our house, Alicia's cousins were over for a few hours, but the noise was welcome because it got us out of bed at a decent hour to get started on the tailgate prep for the OSU game we would be leaving for at 1:00 p.m. Almost left on time too ;)
Since the Beaver game was another late one, kickoff at 7:30 p.m., Adam, Chris and I headed down to Corvallis to meet up with friends for a looooooong tailgating session out in the cold, sunny weather. A few people brought fire pits so that was awesome. We made great time on account of the ducks playing away in Arizona (the day was made exponentially better by the fact that the ducks got spanked by the Wildcats!). It turned out to be a pretty fantastic day for tailgating if you can handle a bit of chilly weather. There was no wind though! The tailgating almost makes up for the abysmal showing by the Beavers during game time. No bueno at all. After scoring a whooping 0 points by the half, Adam, Chris, Racheal and I decided that we would give them to the end of the 3rd quarter to make something happen otherwise we were heading out of the cold and leaving to beat the traffic back to Portland. Unfortunately, we were left disappointed and heading for home right before the 4th quarter began. On the drive home, we did find out that the Beavs managed to put some points up, but not nearly enough to get the win against the Huskies. BIG bummer. Even bigger bummer with us going into the Civil War against the ducks next week. I reeeeeaaaaally hope we can make something better happen during that game so that we can end this not so great season with a win that matters.

Adam, Chris and I arrived home a little after midnight. Definitely time to sleep seeing as Adam and I would be waking up at 6 a.m. to head downtown to JELD-WEN to wait in line to get one of 1,000 wristbands handed out to Timbers' Army fans to ensure great seats for the playoff game against Real Salt Lake at 6:00 p.m. that very same evening. Did that seam like a mouth full?? Try living it. I was in zombie mode Sunday morning...you know, don't look at me, talk to me or try to engage me at all or I will bite off your face. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON. That being said, I was actually quite pleasant at 6 a.m. when we got up, but after sitting in the cold, COLD morning weather in layers, wrapped in a blanket for two and a half hours aaaaand being jilted from a nap by a stranger (Adam was supposed to be awake lol) I was anything, BUT friendly. This was around 9 a.m. or so and they didn't hand out wristbands until 10-10:30 a.m. In the end, after some free HOT, delicious cocoa, the line was moving and we got our wristbands! Number 563! Great number that almost ensures we can find four seats down low in the TA section. Adam was happy so I was happy :) Playoffs are a HUGE deal for us and I was excited too. Adam and I went straight home to sleep for two hours, which was necessary. After a shower, a Subway sandwich and a snuggle with the bunnies Adam and I were back out the door at 3:30 p.m. to get in line for the Timbers' game. I guess standing out in the cold 6 a.m. paid off because we grabbed some great seats :) Unfortunately (again) this was just not our weekend for sports:( Except those awesome Blazers!  The Timbers just couldn't get anything to go. There were several goals that were called back on account of off sides and sadly, RSL had the better game winning 1-0. The game was a long shot from the start seeing as the Timbers would have had to score three goals to tie the aggregate and four goals to win out. I was bummed not to win, but all in all pretty impressed with the season our boys had this year. Coach Caleb Porter managed to turn our team around this year and I can hardly wait to see what they can do next year!! RCTID!!!

I only work one day this week so I am more than ready to relax and reboot after such a busy, but fun weekend with good friends and my favorite guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave some love!